Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Who is welcome on the Renters platform?
Renters welcome, guests and hosts from all walks of life. We are a vibrant community of diverse individuals. It’s free to sign up and list your space. The listings available on the site are as diverse as the hosts themselves, so you can list beds in houses, apartments, and sundrenched lofts, villas in the countryside, eco tree houses, or a cozy cabin in the woods.
You can list your space in almost any location worldwide.
If a listing does not meet our community standards, of respect, inclusivity and non-discrimination, we will exercise our discretion, including cancelling the host’s account.
- How do I create an account?
Please click on the Sign-Up button, located in the center at the top of the page.
- You can sign up via a Facebook account, Google account or your email address. There is no charge to create a Renters account.
- Once you sign up using one of the three methods above, you will receive a Registration Confirmation email. In order to confirm your email, click on the Confirm Email link in the body of the message.
- What are the requirements to book on Renters?
Guests who use Renters are asked for a few pieces of information before they make a reservation and book. This information helps make sure hosts know who to expect, and how to contact the guest.
Renter’s requirements for guests include:
- Full name
- Email address
- Confirmed phone number
- Profile photo that shows their face
- Introductory message
- Agreement to house rules
- Payment information
Hosts won’t see guest’s real email addresses, even after the book. They will only see a temporary Renters email address that forwards their messages to the guest. Some hosts may also ask guests to provide ID before booking their space.
- Why do I need to have a Renter's profile or profile photo?
Your profile is a great way for others to learn more about you before they book your space or host you. When your profile is full, it allows others to feel that you're reliable, authentic, and committed to the spirit of Renters. Whether you're a host or a guest, the more complete your profile is, the more reservations you're likely to book.
We ask and require all hosts to have a profile photo, and we require all guests to upload a profile photo before making their first reservation.
A great profile includes:
- At least one profile photo
- Multiple verifications and a Verified ID
- A description of at least 50 words highlighting why you decided to join the Renters community, your interests or hobbies, or anything else you think someone would want to know
To view someone's profile, just click on his or her profile photo.
- How can I determine the price fofmy reservation?
The total price of a reservation viaRentersis based on a few factors.
Costs determined by the host:
- Nightly price: Nightly rate decided by the host
- Cleaning fee: One-time fee charged by some hosts to cover the cost of cleaning their space
- Extra guest fees: One-time fee charged by some hosts to cover other costs related to using their space Costs determined by Renters:
- Renters service fee: Guest service fee charged for all reservations to helpRentersrun smoothly and offer 24/7 customer support
Other costs that may be included:
- Currency exchange fee
To send a reservation request:
- On a listing, click on the check-in/check-out drop down menus and enter the desired dates.
- In the guest drop down menu, enter the number of guests.
- Click Book Now.
- In the next window, review your reservation details to make sure everything is correct.
- You can also add a message for the host.
- Once all of the information in the reservation is correct, click Book Now.The host will receive a message detailing the request to book and will respond within 24 hours, if not sooner.
- After the host approves your reservation request, you will receive a message regarding the acceptance of your reservation. You will be told to make a payment in that message.
- To add your payment information, click on Your Trips.In this section, you will see your current approved reservation request with a Pay button on the right under the Payment Status column.
- Click on Pay and select the Stripepayment method and enter your card information, along with any coupon codes you may have.
- Agree to the policies and terms, including the host’s cancellation policy and house rules.
A host may require that you complete the Verified ID process before confirming a reservation. This allows the host to get more information about whom they’re hosting. If the host declines the request or doesn’t respond within 24 hours, you can try to book those dates with someone else.
- How much time does a host have to respond to my reservation request?
Hosts have 24 hours to accept or decline reservation requests. You'll be updated by email about the status of your request. Most reservation requests are accepted within one hour of being received. The vast majority of hosts reply within 12 hours.
When a host confirms your request, you will be prompted to add payment to your reservation via the Pay button in the Your Trips section of your profile. Renters, via Stripe Payments, will process your payment, in full.
If a host declines your request or the request expires, you will need to try to book those dates with another host.
- What are some differences between long-term hosting and short-term hosting?
Reservations of 28 nights or longer are considered long-term reservations. In some municipalities, guests establish rights as a tenant after 28 days, so we encourage hosts to be knowledgeable about their local laws.
It’s always in your best interest to vet potential guests before they book a reservation, especially a long-term booking. You may consider having these guests sign a rental agreement outlining the details in your listing description.
- How do I connect my Face book and Renters accounts?
To connect your Renters and Face book accounts:
- Go to Profileon Rentersbnb.com
- Select Trust and Verificationon the left
- Under Add More Verifications ,f ind Face book and click Connect
- How do I cancel my account?
To cancel your Renters account:
- Go to Accounton Rentersbnb.com
- Click Settings
- Click Cancel my Account
When you cancel your account, any reservations you've made as a host or a guest will automatically be canceled.